Applications for 2016-2017 are due by
5:00pm on March 13, 2017.
To apply to the Honors program, you must complete the following:
- An application form (linked here and below)
- A thesis proposal - note that critical and creative theses require different proposals; please refer to the guidelines in the tabs to the LEFT.
- An 8-10 page writing sample demonstrating your proficiency in the genre of the proposed thesis
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from an English Department faculty member. NOTE: the Professor should email their recommendation to the honors email address directly and should NOT be submitted by the student. You are responsible for requesting these letters and ensuring they are submitted on time.
- An unofficial transcript. Prospective candidates should have at least an "A-" average in their English courses; exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please email these five items to
email@example.com by the deadline.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Honors Committee will evaluate the proposals and post the results before pre-registration is finished. All decisions of the Honors Committee are final.
Interested candidates may contact the Director of Honors & Awards, Jennifer Natalya Fink with any questions. Candidates may also wish to review the collection of completed theses, available upon request from English Department staff in New North 306.