Resources for Students in Response to the Crisis in Ukraine
Posted in Announcement
There are many ways to get involved here in the nation’s capital. These are just a few of the ways that you can lend a hand and help spread awareness of what is happening in Ukraine:
Support for Ukrainian Students
On behalf of the President’s Alliance on Higher Education and Immigration, here are some resources for Ukrainian students:
- NAFSA Immigration Resources for Ukraine
- D.C. Mutual Aid Network FB Group
- For a comprehensive list, please click here.
We encourage you to prioritize your wellness by leaning on community support and university resources. Here are some examples:
- Every Hoya Cares (For General Wellness Support)
- HoyaWell (Virtual Counseling for Students)
- Student Outreach and Support (SOS)
- HOYA Wellness Wheel
There are many virtual events happening across the globe. Here are some upcoming events and resources:
- 4 March 2022, 11:00 a.m. EST, Case Western University: “North Star Seminar Series: The War in Ukraine: Perspectives from Academia.” Registration and information about another related programming here.
- 4 March 2022, 2:00 p.m. EST, American Historical Association: “Russia and Ukraine: History Behind the Headlines” (“particularly useful for teachers and their students at college and high school levels”). Registration here.
- 5 March 2022, time TBD: “Data Rescue for Ukraine.” Digital humanities project to “identify and archive sites for music collections at cultural heritage institutions in Ukraine.” Express interest here.
*This list is developing, and we will continue to add more resources as they come. For suggestions, please contact the department staff.