Schedule a Visit
Notice: The Department of English remains committed to providing our standard level of excellent service. Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, we moved to full virtual instructional, research, and administrative continuity during our regular business hours as part of Georgetown University’s response to COVID-19. There will be no one in the main office during this time.
Though we cannot continue scheduling prospective student visits in-person with our faculty members, we will do our best to schedule them instead via video chat using Zoom.
Thank you in advance for your patience as we aim to respond to each individual query that comes our way as promptly as we can. Take care, and be well!
For information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit www.georgetown.edu/coronavirus.
Are you interested in being an English major, minor, or graduate student? Would you like to schedule a visit and speak with someone in the program? Or, if you’re a prospective Master’s applicant, would you like to sit in on a graduate English class? Depending on the schedules of our faculty, any of the following may be offered:
- Meet with the Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Meet with the Director of Graduate Studies
- Meet with an English faculty member that specializes in your academic or research interests, i.e. British Literature, Queer Theory, Creative Writing, Shakespeare, American Literature, Film Studies, Experimental Non-Fiction Writing, etc…
- Meet with the Program Administrator for general information about our academic programs and requirements
- Sit in on a gradaute seminar
In order to schedule a meeting with an English department faculty member or sit in on an English class, please fill out this short form.
If you run into problems completing this form, email the Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Your Name
- Contact Information (email address and phone number)
- Date of Visit
- Time availability (two options)
- Your academic and/or research interest(s)
(Find available classes for the day of your visit. Select the current semester, and then find English in the menu and check by the day desired.)