How to Declare a Major or Minor in English

Students wishing to declare a major or minor in English should obtain a “Declaration of Major” form from the Dean’s Office and take it to the Undergraduate Studies Office (New North 334), during the office hours listed below.

There, the “Declaration of Major” form will be signed, and students will be assigned an adviser. Advisers make sure students understand the Major requirements and help students design a course of study that satisfies both the student’s personal interests and requirements. Advisers also approve pre-registrations in November and April. 

During Spring 2015, the Assistant to the Director of Undergraduate Studies is available for students declaring majors at the following times:

Monday: 9:00am-12:00pm
Thursday: 2:00pm-5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am-12:00pm

Majors who have specific questions about the completion of their major requirements (i.e. transfer credits from previous institutions, registration problems, gateway or period requirements, etc.) should contact Professor Christine So to schedule an appointment.