Events Across Campus
Below is a compilation of creative writing/arts events (that we know of!) happening across campus for you to attend. As we get closer to the start of a new month, additional events and call for submissions will be posted here.
If you have any questions about the Creative Writing Minor and/or its requirements, please be in touch with the Director of Creative Writing, Professor David Gewanter.
- The Anthem (literary magazine) has a meeting every Thursday at 8pm in Leavey 409
- The Voice (news magazine) holds weekly meetings every Sunday at 11am in Leavey 424
Contests/Call for Submissions/Auditions:
- The Anthem
- Now accepting general submissions for the Spring 2020 edition until 04/02! All prose, poetry, and visual art from students, staff, faculty, and alumni is accepted. Submit your works as soon as possible so that the editorial board can make suggestions.
- Valentine Contest from now until 02/19 anyone affiliated with Georgetown can submit prose, poetry or visual art inspired by our prompt for a chance to win a $25 gift card to wherever you would like. The prompt this year is: “Love can be as sticky as a vat of molasses, as unpalatable as a hunk of spoiled yeast, and as all-consuming as a six-alarm fire in a bamboo and canvas tent” (Twilight Zone).
- The Georgetown Voice
- Lannan Center for Poetics and Social Practice
- Readings & Talks Series featuring poets Tina Chang and John Murillo on Tuesday, February 25 at 7pm in Copley Formal Lounge
- Nomadic Theatre presents: John, a play by Annie Baker
- Directed by Timmy Sutton (COL ’20), Produced by Martha Winslow (COL ’21), Stage Managed by Pat Walsh (SFS ’21), and Technical Direction by Andrew Sedlack (COL ’20)
- Thursday–Saturday, March 19–21 at 8:00pm
- Sunday, March 22 at 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 25 at 8:00pm
- Friday, March 27 at 8:00pm
- Saturday, March 28 at 2:00pm and 8:00pm
- Location: Devine Studio Theatre (Davis Performing Arts Center)
- More information: nomadic-theatre.com