Requirements for the Minor
The minor in Creative Writing requires six courses:
- One introductory multi-genre course: ENGL 2800
- One introductory genre course: ENGL 2810–2900 or MHUM 2750
- One advanced genre course: ENGL 4250–4300
- One English elective: ENGL 1091–4999
- One additional elective in the student’s field of interest: ENGL 1091–4999, JOUR 1000–4999, or another course as approved by program director
- Creative Writing Senior Seminar* (ENGL 4968) -OR- independent study project**
*Students who have fulfilled all other requirements for the minor may take the senior seminar earlier (i.e. in junior year) with permission of the director.
**Students interested in pursuing an independent study project in place of the senior seminar should discuss this with the director no later than the end of junior year.
Note: Course substitutions to any of the above requirements must be reviewed and approved by the program director. Minors are encouraged to discuss their interests with the director and plan their course choices accordingly.