To apply to the Honors program, you must complete the following:
- An application form (linked here and below)
- A thesis proposal
- Critical and creative theses require different proposals
- An 8-10 page writing sample demonstrating your proficiency in the genre of the proposed thesis
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from an English Department faculty member.
- Note: The professor should send their recommendation using this form. This should NOT be submitted by the student. You are responsible for requesting these letters and ensuring they are submitted on time.
- An unofficial transcript
Please email these five items to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Honors Committee will evaluate the proposals and post the results before pre-registration is finished. All decisions of the Honors Committee are final.
Interested candidates may contact the Director of Honors & Awards, Kathryn Temple with any questions. Candidates may also review the collection of completed theses, available upon request from English Department Staff in New North 306.
Honors Program Application Form
Honors Thesis Proposal Workshop
Follow these links to view sample Honors Thesis Proposals of various types: